DENVER – STACK INFRASTRUCTURE (“STACK” or the “Company”), the digital infrastructure company built to help the world’s most innovative companies change the world, today announced plans for expansion of its data center campus in Atlanta, bringing STACK’s total critical capacity in the market to 20MW. STACK intends to break ground on a new two-story, 12MW facility to be developed on a recently acquired 6-acre land parcel adjacent to the Company’s existing data center in Alpharetta, Georgia.
“STACK is experiencing outsized demand in Atlanta based on the favorable business climate, low overall operating costs, and robust infrastructure. The expansion of our campus will enable us to help our clients further anchor their presence in the Southeast.”
Jim Galvin, Mayor of the City of Alpharetta, had this to say about the expansion: “The City of Alpharetta is excited about this new investment STACK INFRASTRUCTURE is making to expand their footprint in our community. Critical infrastructure is more important than ever before in today’s business climate so we look forward to working with STACK as they adapt and compete in a rapidly changing marketplace.”
STACK’s land acquisition in Atlanta is the latest of six expansion projects announced over the last twelve months that will collectively add more than 400MW of critical capacity to STACK’s offering. These included:
- January 2020: Plans for a 125-acre hyperscale data center campus in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies.
- January 2020: Plans for a 32MW data center on its campus in San Jose, California.
- October 2019: Expansion into a new market, New Albany, Ohio, via the acquisition of a purpose-built, Tier III data center. STACK’s New Albany campus includes development land that has the potential to add an additional 32MW of capacity.
- September 2019: Plans for an 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development.
- June 2019: Plans for a 20+MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020.
STACK provides both the digital infrastructure and end-to-end client experience required to scale the world’s most innovative companies. The Company’s offering includes hyperscale campuses and build-to-suit data centers (“HYPER STACK™”), immediately available wholesale colocation and private data suites (“READY STACK™”), and powered shell options (“POWER STACK™”).
For more information about STACK, please visit: www.stackinfra.com.
About STACK INFRASTRUCTURE
STACK provides digital infrastructure to scale the world’s most innovative companies. With a client-first approach, the Company delivers a comprehensive suite of wholesale build-to suit, colocation, and powered shell solutions in seven markets today: Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; New Albany, Ohio; Northern Virginia; Portland, Oregon; and Silicon Valley, California. With unparalleled existing and flexible expansion capacity in the leading availability zones, STACK offers the scale and geographic reach that rapidly growing hyperscale and enterprise companies need. The world runs on data. And data runs on STACK.
For more information, please visit www.stackinfra.com